I don’t believe you should ever stop learning new crafts, so I have entered a felting challenge over at – My life under the bus – The premise of the challenge is to make something based on the Felt Wee Folk book by Salley Mavor. It does include felting, but I am not familiar with making the adorable fairies and dolls. I have an idea in my head and I hope it translates well! I will post pictures once the challenge is finished.
This inspired me to do a Felting Challenge of my own. No previous felting experience needed – I will even provide the materials!!! I have been tossing around the idea of a felting kit in my head and I have decided on my little felted sheep.
They are so fun to make and easy for beginners.
Here is how it works:
1. You must have commented here or are a follower on my Studio blog – if you don’t fall under either category and really want to participate then please leave me a comment.
2. Leave a comment saying that you would like to participate. I will contact you and find out where to send your felting kit.
Once you have entered, this is what you will get –
A piece of felting foam, 2 felting needles, 2 colors of Jacob wool, 2 beads for eyes, yarn, and instructions. You will need a little bit of glue and a yarn needle.
3. Send me a picture of your completed item – everyone will be starting with the same project, but they will be judged on creativity. You can photograph your sheep with a prop or at a fun location, add an accessory, turn it into something else – a hanging ornament, a mobile, etc., let your imagination go wild!!!
4. The contest will end February 5th at noon – please have your picture to me by then.
5. I will post the pictures on both of my blogs on the 6th and they will be judged by the people 🙂 I will close judging on Sunday, the 10th at noon and announce the winner.
6. The winner will recieve one of my Fabric and Felt totes with colorful wool inside!