The pregnancy report came back for the 3 ewes and I’ll start with the bad news…Venus is not bred 😦 I am really bummed, but I knew it was a long shot. I haven’t decided if I am going to give her another year or not??? We’ll see.
She is a pretty easy girl to have around, which is a big plus.
Now for the good news!
Chevelle are both bred!
This was Chevelle’s 3rd and last chance to get bred. She lambed as a first timer and for some reason she hasn’t had lambs the last two years. She is a special girl and I am very excited.
If you are interested in having any of your livestock (cattle, goats, sheep, wildlife, bison, or horses) pregnancy tested, you can check out bio Tracking’s website. I may not always be happy about the results 😉 but it is nice having the answers now to make decisions instead of in 3-4 months.
2 weeks to lambs…
If you can I would put her back in with a ram and see. She just may need a longer period of breeding than the rest. The colder the weather get the hotter they get 🙂
So, you have a late lamb no big deal right 🙂
Ha ha Peg 😉 I may put her back in because I would really like her to get bred, but am not looking forward to the late lamb!
OH dear,,,what will happen to Venus?
I try to find retirement homes for the special older girls. We have two retirees here and really don’t have room for many more. She will have a good home wherever she goes 🙂